The refining process for Doral Refining Corp.
- Scrap is weighted in pennyweights (dwt) using a state certified scale and recorded.
- Scrap is mixed with flux, put into a clay graphite crucible and melted in an induction oven.
- A sample is removed from the crucible and molten metal is poured into a bar mold.
- After cooling, bar is cleaned of contaminants and placed in an element monitor for assay.
- Payment is made to customer based upon after melt weight and percentages of metals.
- Bar is re-melted and poured into an acid mixture.
- Metals are chemically separated and filtered.